Thursday, January 26, 2006

"All by Myself" by Eric Carmen

This morning was exceptionally hard. Eric Carmen's "All by Myself" came on the radio. Now this song always gets to me, even in my chirpier moods, let alone now when I'm counting down the days to take off. It always succeeds in making me feel lonely. Loneliness is a dark feeling, I like being alone, I enjoy my own company and do plenty of activities on my own. But loneliness... now that's a feeling that no one enjoys. Some people deal with it better than others. I used to think that I deal with my occasional bouts of loneliness pretty well. Mostly because I seldom get lonely, and also because with some introspection and reflection, life doesn't seem that bad after all. But today was pretty tough.

Some people sink into a quagmire of loneliness and don't know how to or cannot get themselves out of it into a happier place. Depression probably follows soon after. In my case, I think it's a transitional stage and things will be looking brighter very soon. Especially when one has to look for an apartment, move in, set up the household, establish a routine - who has the time for loneliness?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home