Saturday, January 28, 2006

How Does One Say Good Bye?

How does one say good bye? Last night, logistical arrangements were discussed regarding the impending departure. Who picks whom up? Whose trunk has more space for my packed up old life? What time do we turn up? Who is going to cry at the airport? Finally, it was decided that we would all meet at my apartment after work, have dinner (last supper before I ride off into the sunset it seems) and then we'll all drive off to the airport where we'd say our fondest farewells and try to hold back the tears.

I hate farewells at the airport. Well, I hate farewells in general. The airport is not an unfamiliar place for me, but dashing off for a business trip doesn't warrant saying farewell, in fact no one sends me off on my numerous business trips in the past, nor picks me up for that matter. But saying good bye at the airport especially when you know you won't see that person(s) for a long time, is not easy for me. I'll try to hold it all in, I'll try really hard, but I know the chances of the water dam breaking, are pretty high. So avert your eyes, pretend you don't notice. Anyway "good bye" in Chinese means "see you again" and I know I'll definitely be seeing everyone again, some sooner than others, so I won't say "good bye", I'll say "see you again"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home