Monday, November 16, 2009

A Subtle Non-Conformist


Today, I clutched a bag of old clothes and books and trudged up the hill to Vinnie's to do some good. I was pleased to have cleared out some old stuff which I've not worn in a long while and which I didn't think I would want to wear again. The books were paperbacks which I've read and which were either gleaned off the kerbside on some council clean up or which I had bought sometime back from opp shops. And so I donated them for more recycling and reuse. I do love the whole recycling culture here.

However, after I parted with the bag, I wandered around the little shop and discovered this Veronika Maine charcoal jacket. It is quirky and asymmetrical and fitted me to a T. I decided I had to have it, if I had to wear a work jacket, I would wear something like that, and not one of the usual penguin suits. I pride myself on being just a wee bit non-conformist, not enough to make people feel uncomfortable - no black lipstick or blue nail polish or fashionably torn clothings. But just enough to proclaim that I'm an individual and no, I don't really give a rat's ass to dress the same as the rest of you, thank you very much.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home