Friday, December 17, 2010

Blue Jeans

I am not a jeans person, it's simply too hot for hot and muggy Singapore. Living in Sydney was a totally different story. It was de rigeur every day wear for the winter where one needs to keep one's legs warm and covered up. And preferably with a thicker material like denim.

But working in a tech company has changed what was formerly acceptable office attire. Most men come in jeans and polo shirts every day. Some women too. For me, jeans became the no-brainer default attire when one woke up too late, too tired to think of what to wear or just plain can't-be-bothered/not in the mood to try anything even the slightest bit fancy. The air-conditioning at work makes wearing them bearable for me.

I only have one pair of jeans that fit me. My black boot-cut jeans. However, after 4 years and wearing them every winter weekend in Sydney, the black is now faded to some sort of gray and G has been bugging me to get a pair of blue jeans. I was lucky that at the second shop I looked at for jeans, I found this pair of sleek-straight cut dark blue jeans.

I'm glad I didn't have to try on 100 pairs which was what G recommended one has to do to find a pair of jeans that fit oh-so-perfectly because jeans are one of life's fashion staples (according to him). So now, the sartorial aspect of my life can move on to more interesting things like why people at work do not appreciate my Chinese jacket matched with my black jeans and red snakeskin ballet pumps...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home