Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weigh In



I have always had a mild obsession with retro weighing scales and have bought a couple from overseas flea markets and contemplated lugging back one of those heavy ones with metal weights you can add or subtract on the weighing pan. But good sense always prevailed at the end. However, I am always on the lookout for vintage weighing scales whenever I travel.

Anyway, the battle of the bulge also continues and a less retro bathroom scale is involved in this battle. I have been jolted back to action and have been faithfully logging in on My Fitness Pal (G calls it My Fatness Pal which seems to be a more apt name really). I have been quite successful in keeping to my goals this whole week since I started and have only failed today, but I plead Chinese New Year Reunion dinner - 'nuff said. I don't want to be lugging around the equivalent of 7 litres of milk every day with/on me but I am looking at it as 3+2+2, I think it makes it easier when the loss is calibrated in smaller, more do-able chunks.

The next few days will be a challenge, with pineapple tarts and other CNY goodies everywhere I turn. I think a couple of pineapple tarts once a year wouldn't hurt. After all, we have to keep traditions going!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home