Saturday, February 11, 2006

Every Nook and Cranny

Today I put a holding deposit on the apartment while the lease is being prepared. The apartment will be professionally cleaned and handed over next Friday. Excellent. A big load off my mind.

On my way back from the real estate agency, I walked passed a furniture shop aptly named "Loot" selling stuff from the 60s, 70s and 80s. There was a beautiful, red Eames plywood chair I spotted. Price: $690, slightly scratched as it was used on a film set. It is apparently even signed on the back. It felt really comfortable as I sank my body into it, and the shape was seductively organic. I said I would think about it. That was about 2.5 weeks' rent. But wait, even if I were willing to blow 2.5 weeks of rent on this beautiful piece of furniture, there was no space in the studio. I exercised restraint and walked on by.

There was a quaint, little dim sum restaurant called "The Mahjong Room", I doubled back to get a better look at the ang mohs in there, 4 to a table playing mahjong. Apparently for $32, you get a dim sum set menu, and a 3-hour mahjong game, mahjong set provided. Very interesting.

This is looking to be a neighbourhood with lots of little, pleasant surprises, tucked in every nook and cranny. I am looking forward to exploring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home