Saturday, March 18, 2006

Walk A Mile In My Shoes

I have never walked so much in my life. I think I can safely say that after being here for 6 weeks. In the first 3 weeks, I lost 1.5 kgs. Currently, I am around 2 kgs less than what I started off with. And that is not due to not eating well, on the contrary, I have been eating regularly and decent, home-cooked meals too. It's just the walking.

Under conditions which are generally dry, walking is a pleasure. It's cheap, it's fast (since I live in the city and it doesn't take too long to get to anywhere I want to go) and it's really good exercise. Every day, it's slightly more than 0.5 km from home to school, so it's 1 km plus both ways, through leafy residential areas and by the park. It's about 1.38 km from home to work each way and it's an easy walk along main streets and broad pavements. Going to the nearest supermarket is just under a km one way. Coming home with the groceries is added weight training.

So with all the walking I've been doing, how can one not lose weight? The only bad thing is I've worn out the soles of my painted canvas shoes and my clogs. But I guess that's a small price to pay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home