Monday, August 10, 2009

Zucchini Frites


Ever since I've discovered how easy it was to whip up vegetable soups, I've been making them at alarmingly short intervals - at least once a week. Carrot, carrot-ginger, pea, cauliflower are the 4 varieties I've tried so far. All so simple, but yet especially warming in the winter.

For tonight, I made a pot of carrot-ginger soup and as an accompaniment, I am planning to make some oven-baked zucchini frites ala Firefly, the little, hip bar-restaurant where we get our delicious, thin-crust gourmet pizzas at $10 a pop if we go between 4-6 pm. I am not all that fond of zucchini when just simply cut and boiled/steamed, they taste a bit ... nothing. But I am partial to zucchini bread (which is really a misnomer as it is actually more of a cake) and these frites cos they are so much tastier (and probably a thousand calories more than the plain boiled, boring version).

So bring on the veggies I say!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home