Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Impromptu Swim at Cronulla

The sea has rejuvenating and healing properties. We had an impromptu swim yesterday when we drove up to Cronulla with G's friend, Patrick who's just come back from China to where he is now staying. It was a fabulous apartment with a view to die for. And we felt that we were on holiday straight away (even though it is still in Sydney!).

Patrick suggested a swim after tea. He could loan G a pair of shorts but has nothing for me. Fortunately, we had a huge armful of my old clothings that we were donating to the Salvos. So I rummaged in the pile and picked out a t-shirt and a pair of shorts and we were ready. Never having swum in the sea in Australia before, after being scared to death by stories of rips pulling people into the surf, I was apprehensive at first. But Patrick assured me there were no rips in that particular beach. Bracing myself for the cold water took a while, but once in, it was great! We paddled around for a bit then got out and sat on the sand and chatted till the wet clothes started giving me a chill and we went back up for a hot shower. Then it was fish and chips on the grass overlooking the sea. What a wonderful way to end a great afternoon. And as a bonus, my 2-week old mouth ulcer and the starts of a cold were arrested by that salt water dip - natural healing! That was the best...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home