Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Tough Goes Shopping

Today is officially the first day of the uni mid-year vacations, end of semester 1 already. The last 4 months have just flown by, 2 more semesters of the same and I am done. It hardly seems real. When people ask me what I plan to do when I get my Masters, I answer plainly that I do not know. Well, I really don't. I don't know if I'm going to put it to use and get a second career, the whole point was I could if I wanted to, or if I were going back to the world that I used to know- which I currently still have 1 foot in, with the part-time work I do. I really have the best of both worlds and I don't want to have to choose, at least not now. That would be a worry for another day.

So today I went shopping. I haven't done intensive shopping the way I did today. Not that I bought a lot, I just went into many cute little shops, a fabulous weekend market, a huge shopping mall, basically a whole range of shopping options. I ended up buying a wrap-around dress which is all the rage here now. This one had retro prints and I can confirm that I have officially dropped a dress size to a 10 (even though I think I have put back a kg since the weather turned cold and I have been stuffing my face with biscuits, chips and chocs every night after dinner). I think the dress is quite flattering. I also bought a 3/4 sleeved tee shirt with indian prints in a lovely, soft cotton. Even though it's officially winter, I still wear my summer clothes because I layer them and the effect is rather trendy (like a red racer-back tank top over a long-sleeved black tee shirt worn with low-slung capri pants).

I walked until my feet ached and my back was sore. I think I am going to make myself a hot Milo and get into bed and just watch tv for the rest of the night now. Even a tough shopper has her limits...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home