Friday, August 04, 2006

If The Boot Fits

11 degrees Celsius. The coldest day in 10 years. Started raining from the minute I woke up. It felt like one of those days where the best thing to do was to crawl back under the covers. No such luck though, I had class. Not only that, I had to make my way to the national art gallery for the class, and after that, trek to another gallery 10 minutes away by foot.

On the brighter side was my plan to make a pit stop to the mall enroute to the art gallery and try to find myself a pair of dark brown, suede boots. All the shoe shops were on sale, probably trying to get rid of winter boots as the cold winter months slowly, oh so slowly, trudge by...

I do quick inspections of several shoe shops, nothing catches my eye. The thing was, I already have in mind the exact brown suede boots I wanted. So a quick glance round the shelves would suffice. I didn't have to deliberate over choices. After 6 shops or so, I spotted this pair of extremely soft suede boots in the exact shade of dark brown that I was looking for. Bingo. A quick price check showed that it was on 50% discount, the price was reasonable, I tried them on, they feel comfortable. So I went to the cashier to pay for them.
To my pleasant surprise, there was a FURTHER 50% off that discounted price. I handed over a pittance and stopped to debate if I should get another pair of shoes but looking at the huge boot box that I would have to lug around to the galleries, I walked out into the rain pleased with my bounty. I will have to make a return trip to the shop soon.

Postscript: I walked through a departmental store after purchasing my boots, they were advertising "Summer 06", with new arrivals of swimwear and bikini displayed prominently. I almost cried. (So near yet so far - see earlier post on my pending Two Winters In a Year)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home