Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Dress For Spring

Another sign that Spring has arrived, are the pretty, feminine dresses in lovely prints and colours that are being displayed in the shops. The sunny weather puts everyone in a good mood, and a shopping mood. Everything looks better, feels better, colours more vibrant, fresher. It is very true how the weather affects a person.

Today we went to Paddy's market and before doing the usual veg and fruit shopping, we decided to walk around the regular market as we haven't done so in a while. The pretty dresses beckoned us nearer, persuading us to part with the weekly marketing budget. I tried on a couple of things which I liked. But decided that I should restrain myself to one purchase. So I picked the dress. I just love the floral prints in the shade of light green that I am so fond of. Brown seems to be my base colour in many of my colourful skirts so that is good as I will have matching cardigans and shoes/boots.

But trying the dress on in the dressing room reiterated the fact that I am indeed heavier post-winter and will have to lose the excess weight. I started by cutting down on lunch portions. Instead of a main dish each, C and I shared a pad thai and a tom yum soup at lunch. We didn't feel starved after that, and congratulated ourselves on our first step in retraining our stomachs to accept a smaller portion. Come dinner, we slid back a step and succumbed to dessert after steak. I was resisting but C kept insisting, so she made me do it. But I warned her that there was to be no more biscuits or any other food after this when she got home.

I have to get started on my 100 tummy crunches. I'm going to have to put some discipline back into the routine now that winter depression is no longer an excuse for slacking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home