Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Water, Water, Everywhere

Before the interview with Tate Modern, I decided to take a quick shower and wash my hair and be fresh and ready. Little did I know that this would lead to a minor calamity.

The water in the shower area seemed a little slow in going down the drain, I didn't fuss too much about that. But pulling back the shower curtain, I saw that my bathroom mat was completely soaked through, the bathroom was flooded. Water had escaped from the bathroom and into the living area - onto the parquet floor! The door mat on which my shoes were on was already half-soaked. I quickly rescued my shoes and rummaged around for rags. Spent the next 10 minutes trying to sop up the excess water and prevent the water from going any further into the room.

Minor crisis averted. Mental note to self: buy some drain declogging chemicals tomorrow.

Then spent 20 minutes on the phone interview. It went smoothly, but as the process is competitive with interviews going on all of this week, I will hear back from them in a week's time. So I'm not saying anything more, don't want to jinx it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home