Friday, August 18, 2006

That Big Wire-mesh Ball

Every other hip and happening restaurant or boutique I see in Paddington and Oxford Street, seem to have the same lamp I have in my apartment back home. The big, silver wire-mesh ball, lit up by many little bulbs, creating a kind of fairy light effect. It never fails to remind me of my apartment at home whenever I see one of those lamps. It's funny but I always stop and stare for a split second whenever I see one of these and it reminds me a little of home... I miss the convenience of its location, the hawker centre with many tasty morsels to offer, the mall across the road with the multi-plex cinema, the little gym, the lap pool where I spent many happy days getting fit and tanned.

It's interesting what something like a light fixture can conjure up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home