Sunday, July 06, 2008

Flowers And Friands

We got some flowers. Just because. The pink tulips came first. And eerily coincidental to what I was just eyeing on my way home. When I got home, there they were. Not exactly the same ones I saw, but pink tulips nevertheless.

The vermillion gerberra/chrysanthemum hybrid was another uncanny meeting of the minds. As we walked past the usual veggie shop to get take-aways on Friday night, the myriad of flowers in the pails along the pavement was so bright and lush. And when G echoed what I was just thinking, "the orange ones are really nice, aren't they?", I had to get them.

I don't know if some ESP has been going on, or just a matter of the most eye-catching colour amongst the blooms that people become instinctively drawn to. But we have flowers! And they sure are pretty.

And some home-baking also makes the house smell nicer, since the flowers already helped with the visual aspect. The first baking that I've done since I've moved in. And the start of more to come, I'm sure!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home