Saturday, August 02, 2008

Fish Face

Making a fish dinner is normally the area of responsibility of G, the pescetarian. However tonight I decided to give it a go while G stayed glued to the telly watching the Tri-Nations. I had bought 2 pieces of scarlet ocean trout and chopped up some carrots, onions, zucchini, and potatoes for grilling in the oven.

My downfall turned out to be not pre-boiling the carrots and potatoes before putting them in the oven and cutting them into chunks while the zucchini was cut into strips. Thus, with vastly differing cooking time required, dinner-making time was prolonged. People ie. G, were dying of hunger, some of the veggies were drying up while the harder stuff was taking its time to soften up. I was getting grumpy at not getting what seemed like a relatively simple dish, right.

I think in future, I'm going to leave the ang moh dinner-making to the ang moh and stick to the Asian stuff. Even if the ang moh tells me thereafter that the fish dinner was delicious.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home