Saturday, August 06, 2011

Dress Me Up

I had been eyeing the Desigual long jacket for a while. Originally had my eye on a greenish-blue one which G had protested against as it was too ... flamboyant I guess is what he thought. And for $500, he figured I wouldn't get much wear out of it because everyone in the office would gasp at me if I should wear it to work, and I wouldn't get past the front doors of any Central Bank I needed to enter for external meetings. His words for wisdom for me was not to dress "too individualistically" for work. That to me, is tantamount to waving a red flag in front of a bull. What? Me conform to the madding crowd and wear a suit? Puhleeze. Besides, now I have an actual official reason to dress "differently". I work for a Silicon Valley tech company (or rather a financial services company which still persists in calling itself a tech company) and Silicon Valley companies are well-known for their "different" dressing. I guess their idea of "different" generally refers to jeans, polo shirt, bermudas and occasionally slippers. But hey, I am interpreting "different" according to my own creative way which is highly encouraged in these types of companies.

In any case, I ended up with this jacket which has Japanese-inspired style motifs and I actually like this one better since I have a soft spot for Japanese fabrics. And burgundy is my colour as well. Getting it at 50% off was a super bonus.

So I am looking forward to inaugurating this jacket. I might wear it as a dress even!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

If it's long enough, I would wear with black tights, ankle boots, a belt to cinch in the waist and an up do!!

6:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home