Sunday, December 31, 2006

In Case Of Emergency

I'm sitting here on New Year's eve, willing this chest pain (left side) combined with a prickly pain in my left arm, to please, please, please go away. It's been more than 24 hours since the pain started, it was more acute yesterday, even breathing hurt. I had to force myself to stop crying (from the pain and the morbid possibility of dying alone in the shoebox in a faraway land) as well yesterday, cos every sob caused MORE pain. The pain was alleviated slightly when I used my nasal spray to clear my nasal passages because I realised that I was more than 50% clogged up and had so much difficulty breathing. But it didn't cause the pain to stop completely.

Lying down flat on my back was better. Lying on my side hurts, especially when I lie on my left side with all my weight on it.

I didn't really feel the pain when I woke up this morning and briefly rejoiced that I didn't have to go to the ER after all, but the minute I got to my laptop, the pain returned. I am hoping it's some sort of RSI type of computer-related pain, rather than an angina (the pain in my left arm concerns me). If it persists tomorrow when I wake up, I'm going to the ER...

And if I don't blog another entry in due course, that would mean I didn't make it. Arrgghh, what a morbid thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home