Thursday, May 24, 2007

Expect The Unexpected

Expect the unexpected. That should be my mantra, well it should have been for the last couple of months already. Except that I had thought that my life has settled down a little in the last month. Well today, I was presented with yet another completely unexpected proposition. There is an urgent need for a resource with certain skills for the Hong Kong office, the boss thought I would be a good fit and asked me what I thought about it. "Interesting..." was what I said - "interesting" is what you say when you don't have a real answer and want to buy time. Well, that's what I resort to anyway, I realise. Anyway, it's still being worked out and just very preliminary at this point in time. If I go, it would be for at least 3 months.

Starting over again in yet another foreign city. I wonder how I would fare, would I have no friends, no social life, no nothing and spend all my time at work. Or would I enjoy myself in the city that truly never sleeps? I like the food and the buzz and the shopping. The different scenery would be interesting but I am not sure I would like to live there for any extended period of time as Hong Kong always struck me as being too frenzied, too stressful and also really humid in the summer which would be when I would be there, if I were to be there at all. Which might be a nice change from the cold here as it is turning really chilly now, I have resorted to wearing my Austin Power lilac coat finally.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home