Friday, May 11, 2007

Random Thoughts For Autumn


Had a nice dinner with a friend (actually old classmate) at the Sebel Hotel Pier One the other night. Realised that I have known this classmate for half my lifetime. A VERY long time.

The weather was nice, warm for an Autumn's night actually. I had the veal escallope and had no room for dessert. We sat outdoors and had a long chat over a slow dinner. It is nice to be with a friend whom you have known for a long time. It is comforting to know that some relationships do last a long time, and even if you aren't always in close contact, there are friends whom you can just pick up where you left off and carry on the chat. Several of my friends from uni fall into this category, and mostly happen to be men. Well some are women, so I guess the gender categorisation isn't really useful.

Another realisation linked to this is that I'm beginning to get used to the idea of going out in the dark when it really isn't late yet. I mean last Autumn and Winter, it was depressing to be out when it's dark when you know it really isn't late yet, like it was just 6 pm or thereabouts. I preferred to sit at home, drinking a cup of tea and watching TV, feeling safe and protected. But this Autumn, I've begun to go out more during this time and not feel that I need to be at home. Perhaps it is a sign of becoming less affected by SAD.


My old pair of brown suede shoes were leaking. I had walked so much in them I had worn out the heel part of the soles and water was coming through. Time to retire them. The cheerful yellow caught my eye and I decided they were the ones to replace the brown suedes. They are leather and very light-weight.

Also bought a set of fitted sheets, these are beige with Japanese cherry blossom prints in flannelette. All ready to snuggle up for the winter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home