Monday, October 01, 2007

Bread/Cake/Cookies


A loaf of bread. That was how it started.

I wanted a loaf of bread for tomorrow's breakfast. At the supermarket, I saw the bananas and changed my mind and thought a couple of bananas would be good for brekkie. On my way home, I had a brainwave and figured out how I could use the last 2 eggs in my fridge before I went away on my trip so nothing would go to waste. I will make a banana loaf! Brilliant.

Upon arrival home, I opened the pantry and found a cup of flour left. The recipe called for 2 cups of flour. So I figured I would halve the recipe. The online conversion doesn't seem to tally, my cup of flour seems to be more than what the metric equivalent the online converter threw up. So I ended up adding in the rest of the half of the recipe. The cake batter seemed a little stiff when I spooned it into the loaf tin. That was why I was keeping a close eye on the progress in the oven and when it didn't look like it was rising like a cake should, I took the loaf out of the oven and decided to make them into cookies instead and started spooning them into little blobs on the baking sheet.

It was a good call. They turned out like rock buns. It's funny what a loaf of bread ended up as.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home