Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Chestnut Conserve

Last Saturday, we spent an inordinate amount of time perusing the shelves in an Italian deli. Bottles and bottles of interesting jams, preserves, chutneys, relishes lined up in rows. We lovingly caressed the bottles, turning them over, carefully studying the labels, discussing the merits of each. Rhubarb, burnt fig were amongst the more unusual ones.

What finally caught my eye was the chestnut conserve. I immediately recalled (albeit vaguely) in my nightly foodblog reading sometime back, some interesting entries - probably Japanese or French, involving this ingredient. That's what I want to do too (although exactly what is the "that" I wasn't too sure at that point standing in the deli).

I did some research on the "that" and I think it is a chestnut souffle at this point.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home