Wednesday, December 05, 2007

It'll Only Make You Stronger

As I struggled to not faint at Bikram Yoga again tonight in the middle of the variety of standing poses we were put through, I debated if I should give it up and go back to regular yoga where at least I get to work out a in a normal environment. And not feel like I can't breathe and that I'm going to collapse from lack of air and the thick blanket of humidity pressing down on my chest.

But as the poses moved into the lying ones, the fainting spells got better, and I was able to do more than Monday. I felt a little bit more motivated, and more assured that I wasn't going to suffer an imminent stroke from not getting enough oxygen to my brain. I was breathing better, my lung capacity feels like it's being opened up which is good. And my skin looks shiny and radiant after each class. I like the fact that I am detoxing and purging all the badness from inside with the buckets of sweat expelled.

The instructor from Monday remembered me and asked how I felt after tonight's class. I honestly replied, "I feel a BIT better." and held out my index and thumb a distance of an inch to emphasise how MUCH better I felt. It was an improvement, and I think I'll stick it out to the third class.

This is literally a case of "if it doesn't kill you, it'll only make you stronger".

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home