Sunday, April 20, 2008

Finally Friands


Finally. Friands. Fresh.

Ok, granted they don't look like the traditional friand and that's because I didn't feel like shelling out another $12 for another baking tray just so the final product conformed to our notions of what a friand looks like when my scalloped cases would do the job as well.

Taste-wise, they tasted like friands. These are orange friands, I had topped them off with orange zest as well. I am quite pleased with my efforts and for finally getting round to it. They are really easy to make, easier than cupcakes as there is no creaming of butter with sugar involved which is the painstaking part. The butter is melted, cooled down and merely stirred into the mixture.

This opens up endless opportunities to explore making different friand varieties. I can't wait.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home