Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mama Mia

Usually when we crave for Italian, and pizza in particular, we head out to our favourite pizza restaurant on Crown Street, Pizza e birra. But if it's a Thursday or Friday night, then we know the chances of scoring a table is probably close to nil.

G has a great pizza recipe, and it's all in the base actually (with a secret ingredient), however it's all the hassle of mixing all the stuff together, kneading the dough, rolling it out, cleaning up afterwards, that only saw us only making it a couple 3 times or so in the last year and a half.

However the other day when I came home with some extra Lebanese bread from work, we decided to use them as bases to make hassle-free, time-saving pizza. It's easy to make and really yummy, we just slathered the bread bases with tomato paste, threw on the 2 different types of mushrooms - cap and shitake, asparagus and a big handful of cheese and 5 minutes later, voila! Pizza! How easy is that?
We also like our pasta and this was something G made the other day. I forget what went into it, all I recall are the 2 plumrose sausages I had with it. They were delicious and about the only type of sausages I care for Down Under. I don't really like their sausages, even the gourmet sort. They have a strange taste and I always have an image in my mind of the sausage maker adding all sorts of odds and ends into the mix. And that probably accounts for the strange taste. So I think I'll stick with the Danish sausages in a can, thank you very much.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home