Saturday, January 02, 2010

So Long, Farewell, See You Later

The second day of 2010 was when I formally say goodbye to some dear friends I've made in the 4 years I've lived in Sydney. Some were work mates who I call friends, some were G's friends who I call my friends now, some were actually originally my friends. Whatever their source, I am glad they came, most of them across the Bridge, overcoming that huge psychological barrier (although we are 5 minutes from the city north only) to come say see ya later.

We started off at 4 pm with drinks and some nibbles at Wild Sage, a cafe/bar/restaurant at Cammeray. It was a good venue, large enough for our group of about 20 or so, air conditioned (oh so very important in the recent humidity) and child-friendly as we had 3 kids under the age of 3 and a baby. We had the indoor space practically to ourselves till around 6 pm when the dinner crowd started trickling in and we moved outside where the temperature has cooled down and the humidity gone.

At 7.30 or so, hunger pangs reminded us it was time for dinner and 6 of us decided to try to get a table at Papaya Thai, a great restaurant with some lovely Moulin Rouge-looking chandeliers and cane nest-like hanging lights. It was packed but after a short wait, we had a table.

Even though the place was packed to the rafters and the kitchen was a hive of crazy activity, they were super-efficient and we got served our lovely food quicly. It was all good and was a lovely end to a great farewell do.

Satiated in more ways than one, I bid the lovely people adieu. This is not so much a full stop, but a comma. Just a breather. Watch this space, I'm sure I'll be back!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home