Thursday, February 04, 2010

Enjoy The Journey

People are normally in a hurry to get from point A to point B, finish their chores, complete their goals. The journey towards the goal is just a means to an end.

They have no tine to stand and stare.

No time to wonder whether the pretty white/yellow/pink flowers growing amongst the grass, could possibly be a weed, considering how lovely they are, and weeds conjure up an image of bad, choking plants. No time to notice that the little white daisies grow invariably in a ring, such a wonder of Nature. No time to wonder what those guava-looking green fruit growing on wooden fences are, and if they are edible. No time to notice these pigeon-looking birds but with a lovely pink collar and bib, hanging out on the grass verge, 2 pairs in all, scouring the grass for seeds, fluttering around when they spy a person coming a little nearer to them to take a better look. Were they pigeons (prettier than normal ones) or were they a type of parrot (G thinks so when he saw my photos). I just think they are so pretty and I have never seen any pigeon or parrot like them.

And I also think that the journey in itself is something to be enjoyed, something which I had enjoyed to the fullest during my 6 months' of bliss and quiet. Now I am back to rushing around...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home