Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Milk Crates

Necessity is the mother of invention. That and being cheap (hey, after all, I AM a full-time student and part-time employee only, my post-tax monthly pay is about the same amount as my monthly tax liability instalment last year). Well I guess if one wanted to save money, then it becomes necessary to invent stuff. So back to the wise saying.

Today while walking home, I saw some milk crates and figured that I could get a couple of crates, upturn them and put a nice thick chair pad on each, and voila, 2 stools for my balcony. After all, the low small table is already in the balcony. Milk crates are also stackable and make handy storage units.

I already spied a couple at the side of my old apartment building, hopefully they will still be here tomorrow evening when I move. Alternatively, I could sneak downstairs right now in my pajamas and cart them off into the apartment under the cloak of darkness - I don't really know if those milk crates belong to anyone. I guess not, if they are sitting downstairs. In any case, another wise saying I fervently subscribe to springs to mind - "Finders keepers, losers weepers".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home