Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Gut Feel

Is it a natural trait of being human that we want the things we cannot get? Is it the thrill of the chase, the challenge of the achievement that make us this way? Why is life so difficult and why can't we be happy with a straight-forward, simple, uncomplicated existence? When things come easily to us, it that why we don't appreciate it?

We ask for uncomplicated lives. But we shove it aside when it sidles up to us. And we actively search out the difficult, painful and complex ones.

As I sat on the bus tonight, on a long, meandering journey home, a perturbing gut feel hits me in the face. A culmination of the last 2 nights of unwanted musings, late into the night, robbing me of much-needed sleep. I let the thought ruminate. Self-awareness kicks in. Logic and rationality stem the vibes. But the emotional and intuitive side doesn't quell. My intuition has been proven right on many occasions. This is one that I (logically) cannot allow to be proven right - if I want to keep my sanity.

I pray for strength.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home