Thursday, June 07, 2007

All My Bags Are Packed - Sorta

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to leave... Well not quite. I've packed essential documents and credit cards. That's all I know I haven't missed out. With a bad hangover from lack of sleep this past week, my brain isn't quite working at full speed. And not especially in the night - when my eyelids droop by 8 pm and I try to keep awake till it's decent time to go to bed.

I've ticked off things I need to do on my list before I go. Uni is definitely safely out of the way, I've handed in all my assignments and attended my last class yesterday. The relief hasn't quite sunk in yet because work took over like a monster rearing its ugly head. I had a quick time out to celebrate last night - went to the national art gallery to see the Anselm Kiefer (German painter and sculptor) exhibition which was very interesting. I like the thick impasto texture of his huge abstract paintings. Almost like a sculptural painting in giantic proportions, and practically Impressionistically-executed.

And then a bowl of steaming pho at my fave Viet cafe. By the time I got home at 9 pm, I was ready for bed.

Today, MLA organised a surprise birthday celebration for me. I was completely taken by surprise because it was so not my birthday yet! But as I won't be here on the actualy day, the sweet child went out to get cakes and when I saw the cake box, in all innocence I asked, "Whose birthday is it?" and was told by everyone in a chorus, "Yours!" Ohhhhh... yay!

Then work, work, work for the rest of the day...

I need better sleep, a nicer and bigger apartment, interesting things to get up to over the weekends. I can't wait. But first, the trip. More work, family, friends and food!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home