Saturday, July 14, 2007

More Changes

How things change, in a twinkling of an eye. Yes, I've said this before, about just about every aspect of my life in the last 6 months. And again it happened.

The trip to Taipei and HK this Sunday was cancelled out of the blue on Thursday afternoon, with a phone call from HQ. "I need you to lead this urgent project, and it's more important than the trip, can it be postponed or can someone else go in your stead?" Erm, what do you tell the boss? Yes, of course it can all be arranged and I will lead this project with ridiculously unrealistic turnaround times, no worries! And oh, there is the $385 cancellation charge on my airticket but I guess that is the least of our problems.

And so, I worked till 9 pm that Thursday and 7.30 pm on Friday night when all decent Ozzies are out getting plastered with their mates.

But I am not complaining. No, really. The change of pace is refreshing. The new scope is interesting. Staying put and not being on the road is good when my body could really do with some good, protracted and long-deprived rest. Having some quality time in Sydney is good for my social life. So every cloud has a silver lining. I see the sun shining through...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home