Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Be Careful What You Wish For

Be careful what you wish for - it may come true...

An eerie warning that seems loaded with overtones of doom and gloom, I've always felt.

Today I turned down an awesome job offer, in favour of another one - on the overt basis that I want to remain in Sydney and that other job offers me that opportunity to do so whereas the awesome one, in terms of challenging job scope, irresistible money and perks, glamour (perceived) and jetsetting nature, was not based in Sydney. The HR person for the awesome offer then suggested that she check with the US HQ to see if the job COULD be based in Sydney and if so, would I consider it? Of course I said yes. But it would be such a hard decision to make if they did manage to do that! You would almost wish they wouldn't make you that offer and save you the dilemma...

Again, yet another twist in my life. And that is why I said earlier that all I can say is that I'm MORE inclined towards the other job offer and not the awesome one at that point in time cos I just know that anything can happen to change the course of things.

Stay tuned for another exciting episode in my life.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home