Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Chessboard Of Life

My life is full of twists and turns. It seems there is something lurking every other week, round the corner, waiting to pounce on me. It is almost useless to plan for anything because everything would probably be thwarted the following week. It's almost like it's out of my control, perhaps like the Titans playing chess and pieces of my life are the pawns and the bishops and the knights and are being moved around the huge chessboard of Life, at the whim and fancy and possibly some sort of higher being strategy than is probably within my comprehension. I've never quite felt that my life was being played out in the fashion before, only in the last 6 months or so I guess.

Life is a gamble. In particular, today the news on the jobfront. Now I feel like I'm rolling the dice and waiting to see if the double sixes come up. On one hand, I've got a sure-win Lotto ticket, on the other, I'm waiting to hear if the last 3 numbers on my Bingo card will be called. I know it's not over till the fat lady sings. And like gambling, it's not always about the money...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home